Friday, August 24, 2012

She has Redeemed Herself!

I’m not sure why, but I feel the need to offer back stories before each of my posts so here is the one for today- I love celebrities and anything related to them. That’s just how I am. I subscribe to Us Weekly and read People.com (because I’m too cheap to subscribe) and watch a lot of TV. It’s my thing, don’t judge me.
So today, I was reading the celebrity mom blogs over at People and my old friend Jenna von Oy had a new post out. You can read my comments here about her last blog.  I was fully prepared to laugh at her again, but I was pleasantly surprised. I might have even teared up a little at work (on my lunch break, duh) over something she said-

“21. Take solace in the fact that I will forgive you, even in the moments when you aren’t willing to forgive yourself. I have no doubt that I’ll make my share of mistakes with you, so I implore you to forgive me too. One of my favorite quotes goes like this: “Just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to, doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.” Rest assured, I love you with all I have. When you are exceedingly angry with me, and all other reasoning is out the window, please know that fact is true above all else.”

If I had to answer what my absolute #1 parenting goal is, what I will measure my parenting skills on one day when I am old and gray, it would be this. If my children know that I have loved them to the best of my ability, that I have actually tried and put my best effort forward with them, then I did my job, and I did it damn well. I am going to screw up so much and I am going to forget things, and break things and mess things up, but I am going to do it with some much love and good intentions, and I really hope that shines through.

Her post also shed some light into why she said all those insane things last time about loving to change poop diapers all day- she had a hard time getting pregnant with her daughter. I don’t know the specifics, but she did reference the fact that she spent a lot of time and money getting pregnant so that explains her love of the stupid stuff.  But I stand by what I said- no one likes changing crap diapers. She just has a little different perspective- if she would have said something like she likes having the OPTION to change poop diapers because that meant she had a baby, then I would believe her. But the actual act of changing human feces is in and of itself a crappy task! (See what I did there?!)

Another great one I found was a breastfeeding post by Ali Landry. You can read it for yourself, but it’s honest and very well written so I absolutely suggest you go read it!

Also- Don't forget to head over to my giveaway page and check out my Big Grip's iPad case review and giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment